The loss of a pet is a very difficult time. We here at DeMoney-Grimes know that your pet was a family member and that its death has had a significant impact on your life.
Greif can be unpredictable. One minute you may feel fine, and the next minute you may feel awful that’s why there is no specific time frame for grieving. It may take days, week, or months to come to terms with the death of your pet. The important thing is to find your own pace with it.
You may find it helpful to think about some ways to memorialize your pet. Some people make scrapbooks of pictures or special objects. We have partnered with Paws & Remember, a company that can help with the memorialization of our pet. They understand the grief that is felt at the loss of a pet and can assist in memorializing your pet and paying tribute in a dignified and special way.
You may be overwhelmed by the feeling you are experiencing at this time. Know that they are a natural part of the healing process and that sharing with others who understand these feelings can be help to so many.
Paws & Remember recognizes our special obligation to pets, their families and the businesses that we serve.
As guardians of pets in death, we pledge:
Paws & Remember:
- To care for the remains of the pets entrusted to us with dignity, respect and professional skill, throughout the death care memorial process.
- To honor the wishes of the family, and to serve all families with respect, understanding and confidentiality.
- To be guided by the spirit and letter of all applicable laws and regulations set by governing bodies with jurisdiction over our activities in the ownership, management and operation of our pet loss services.
- To be an educational resource and guide in standards relating to final pet care options for our client families and our professional partners.
- Will use a professionally approved identification procedure for the pet and its cremated remains until returned to the family.
- Will perform the cremation services according to the selected method of either Private, Partitioned, or Communal processes.
- When a private or a partitioned cremation is chosen, will return the cremated remains of the individual pet in the designated urn for delivery back to the family in a timely manner.
- When communal cremation is chosen, will arrange for disposition of the communal cremated remains in a dignified manner.